Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Interesting day

Well, I knew I would have weird days like this after everything that has gone on in the last couple months!

I started the day with a sore neck. I used my new pillow for the first time last night (one that is supposed to support your neck). I thought it was working out well, until I woke up!

I also woke up to loud machines and banging outside the bedroom window, as the foundation/patio workers were already here and at it. So, I got to roll out of bed first thing and get dressed to go out and say hello to Craig's dad. I'm under the impression that he has not told them about us yet, from the way he was talking and acting about things. That doesn't really surprise me though. Craig is the type that will not tell anyone and just figure that they will figure out when I stop showing up on major holidays, LOL. It took them about 5 hours to do all the work. When they were done I had to make a run to Lowe's to get some silicone caulk (hee hee) to seal the seams of the patio for his dad. As I was checking out we realized that the credit card I have of Craig's expired...today! This is not good, as that is my only way of paying for things such as gas for the mower and vet bills (HA!). I wish I had noticed the date before he left!

When I got home from Lowe's I noticed the Fed Ex truck pulling out of the driveway. I figured it was the package Craig told me he was expecting a few weeks ago. The package was for me however. I knew what it was as soon as Craig's dad pointed it out to me. Craig had ordered me a box of chocolate-covered strawberries for my birthday. The card said "I bet this will make you feel better". Of course he was right, as that is my favorite dessert in the world! Now before anyone starts getting assumptions, i'll clear that up right away....it does not mean that we will be getting back together, or that he is trying to win his way back. It was simply a present for my birthday from someone who cares for me. We had a very amicable relationship and breakup with no hard feelings. The timing of the weirdness of the day already made things kind of weird for me though! I realized at work earlier in the week that today marks exactly 1 month since the "decision" was made, and I was technically single. Wow, I can't believe how fast time has flown by!

After his dad left and I got the patio pseudo back together, I went for my hair appointment. I had decided to do a big change and cut much of the length off. I was going to do this in another 6 or 8 months after I let my hair grow really long first, but given all the changes in my life right now I decided today was the day! I'm always nervous about hair changes (after all it's my best feature!), especially when it's going shorter. But I have to say that i'm pleased with it so far! I haven't had my hair this short since I was 21, and that was from a bad hair stylist mishap, lol. Before then I believe it was when I was a kid, like first grade!

So that about wraps up my day. Like I said i'm not surprised, as my life is chaos right now!

Tomorrow I am giving blood for the first time for the UofL/UK Governor's Cup Blood drive. I've wanted to give blood for a long time but have never had the nerve to suck it up and go. I have a HUGE fear of needles. Ironic for being in the medical field I know. I have done pretty well with IVs in the past, so i'm hoping i'm ok with this. I plan on just not looking and being in denial anything is happening! This blood drive is cool, as you get a t-shirt for it. They also have a fried chicken dinner that they provide, and a drawing for the UK-UofL football game tickets and for a Ford Focus. My dad and step-mom are going with me to give blood too. There was no way I would do this by myself! I'm also excited to find out what blood type I am. Both my parents are A, but my sister is O. We shall see!

Friday is my birthday, and Ginger has planned a dinner at the restaurant her niece's husband is a chef. Megan (her niece) is a pastry chef at Proof, but seeing as she is out on maternity leave we figured it would be pointless to go there right now! I also have Friday thru next week off work. I have several things planned, such as a trip to see Nicki and my niece and nephew for a couple days and a trip to Huber's winery. I'll just be glad to be out of work for a week and to get my mind off of things for a while!

So, my friends have started discussing me dating again. It's completely cracking me up! I'm very level-headed when it comes to dating and relationships, and I know where I am as far as that. However my friends have to make sure to put their 2 cents in before I "get out there". I have some friends saying "are you sure you are ready for that? You don't want to rush things...", then I have others saying "go on out there and get you some!", LOL. It's like I have an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other! But I know where i'm at right now. Although I wouldn't mind just casually dating, i'm definately not ready for a relationship. If an opportunity comes along to go out and have some fun I won't pass it up, but I will be very clear where I stand and where I am right now with everyone. I've always been completely up front and honest in the dating scene anyway, even 6 years ago when I was actually out there. Man, I can't believe it's been over 6 years! It seems like forever ago, but like yesterday at the same time. At this point i'm just taking things one day at a time. I have some good days and some anxious days, but I will never let myself get down and depressed. There's no reason to. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Steph you crack me up. I am one who says "get out there and get you some" Get on Louisvillemojo.com that is where the hook-ups happen! Hee heeeeeeeee. BTW, gathering at my parentals house Saturday evening. Not sure about the time. I will message you when I find out. 3523 Chenoweth Run Road. Google map it. Be there or be square!

    ReplyDelete